Throwing Hatchet for Boy Scouts - Lightweight Throwing Axe for Ages 13+ - 100% Blacksmith Hand Forged High Carbon Steel
Huge Savings Item! Save 11% on the Throwing Hatchet for Boy Scouts - Lightweight Throwing Axe for Ages 13+ - 100% Blacksmith Hand Forged High Carbon Steel by Thrower Supply at Luxury Camp Jaisalmer. MPN: TM112. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Lightweight throwing hatchet patterned after our award winning competition throwing axe (ASIN B00A2WHL94 - only the cheek is thinner). Balance is
Lightweight throwing hatchet patterned after our award winning competition throwing axe (ASIN B00A2WHL94 - only the cheek is thinner). Balance is just the same and is preferred by many of our experienced customers because it's easier on the arm. We customized this design to fit the needs of boy scouts and teens 13 years or older
* Balanced for throwing - The head weight, handle length, and design are calculated to complete 1 revolution between 5-7 steps from your target. Actual distance depends greatly on your specific throwing style. br>
* High Carbon Steel - We've focused on using EN49 high carbon steel. This type of steel is soft enough to take sharpening while being hard enough to hold and edge without becoming brittle and breaking
*Oil Tempered blade edge - We harden the blade edge so that the edge stays sharp for longer.
* Overall Length - The handle is cut to 19 inches - the ideal length for the general audience based on our testing.
* Blade Edge - Per the rules of hatchet throwing competitions across the world, the general rule is that the blade of your hatchet may not exceed 4 inches. We keep this one at 3.75 inches which provides more than enough surface area to stick to your target consistently.
* American Hickory Handle - Each handle is turned in the USA from premium A grade straight grain American Hickory. Every handle is sanded smooth and caoted in a light wax for secure grip and protection for the wood.
* Overall Weight- Each hatchet is around 1.4 lbs.
* Hand Forged - Our blacksmiths follow a very specific process to develop our designs exclusively for us. You will not find the same hand crafted care and attention to detail at such an affordable price anywhere else on the market. Each hawk head is crafted by hand and features unique hammer marks from the blacksmith. Due to the hand crafted nature of this product, each tomahawk head is unique.
*Note About Sharpening: To keep safety in mind with the sharpness of the blade, the blade edge will not be extremely sharp. A razor sharp blade is not necessary for throwing purposes and may cause safety issues with our younger handlers.
*Note About High Carbon Steel: High carbon steel is super reliable but requires attention. Our heads are coated in oil to prevent rusting.
Features & Highlights
- ✔NEED A THROWING HATCHET THAT WONT HURT YOUR ARM WHEN THROWING? EQUIP YOURSELF WITH THIS LIGHTWEIGHT THROWER- a quarter pound lighter than our standard size hawk (ASIN B00A2WHL94), this hawk is ideal for those who'd like the same benefits of our award winning competitive throwing hawk all packed into 1.35 lbs. (And this hawk still wins throwing events too)
- ✔ 19" COMPETITIVE THROWING AXE IDEAL FOR AGES 13+ -We designed this axe to be more lightweight for our younger throwers. It's popular among our Boy Scouts in their camporees, recreational camps, and scouting activities. It's a great way to get outside and away from the computer and television screens.
- ✔HAND FORGED BY OUR BLACKSMITH ONE BY ONE - YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! -Each hatchet is forged with high carbon steel BY HAND and the edge has been oil tempered. Our steel is specifically designed to be hard enough hold an edge, and soft enough for sharpening and throwing.
- ✔MAKE SURE TO ASK YOURSELF THIS BEFORE PURCHASING ANY STEEL TOOL FOR THROWING ---Did they use steel soft enough to be able to sharpen and use for throwing? Or is the steel used designed for other activities making it too brittle to handle the impact of throwing (causing a brittle blade to chip, crack or split). We built ours the right way.
- ✔NEED SPARE HANDLES OR A SHEATH? Spare Handles can be found typing in ASIN B00B40GFWM or B00HN25IDC - Sheaths using ASIN - B00K85OENG or B00H85S7UK
|Item Weight:||0.014 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Thrower Supply, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: PRA4311TH, ean: 0615435970196,
25.5" overall. 3.75" cutting edge. 6.5" carbon steel axe head. American Hickory handle. Lanyard hole.Prandi Brand. Yankee Axe. 25.5" overall. 3.75" cutting edge. 6.5" carbon steel axe head.. American Hickory handle. Lanyard hole.. Model: PRA4311TH. ...
11" Complete Length
With Good Quality Grip
Silver Colored Blade
Black Color Sheath
Hard Button Plastic Shield
By Grand Way
mpn: 24112, ean: 0653981912338,
The GrandWay 24112 model is a reliable and durable all-metal hatchet forged of one solid piece of high quality stainless steel. This full tang axe combines modern technological design and classic functionality.The versatile tough blade is polished to...
mpn: MR703, ean: 0747565063193,
Overall: 18"; Blade: Standard Edge; Other Info: 6" axe head with 3.5" cutting edge. Hickory wood handle with lanyard hole. Boxed....
mpn: 31347, ean: 0000000213820,
14 1/2" overall. 5 1/2" 1045 high carbon steel head with 2 1/2" cutting edges. American hickory handle with enlarged lanyard hole....
mpn: 44032, ean: 0041689440329,
You're certain to be a happier camper if you bring along the 4-in-1 Woodsman. This versatile tool chops, saws, pounds stakes and generally makes quick work of a variety of tasks in the field. The integrated axe easily chops wood, and the included bl...
mpn: 35, ean: 0613902000353,
Rothco's 35 Commando Axe is perfect for camping or hiking. Its ultra compact 3 piece design fits into a 6" belt pouch, yet when assembled, extends to 13" long. Its handle is metal and the OD green belt pouch is included.Three Piece Axe Design. Exten...
mpn: 27608, ean: 5055787309551,
Outdoorsman Axe. The Outdoorsman axe offers the newest technology in a canoe axe. This axe has used knife technology in this forged one piece head. The unique axe head has a concave grind with a convex edge extreme cutting ability. The axe is perfect...
By Thrower Supply
mpn: TM122, ean: 0856708005263,
This franciscan throwing axe is the ultimate thrower. It is designed for backyard tomahawk throwing. Old school throwing axe based on the Franks style for throwing and hand to hand combat. This tempered high carbon steel tomahawk doubles as a pretty ...
mpn: 07312365550940, ean: 0731236555094,
Dear buyer up for auction is that double bit axe! The axe head is forged from high quality cromium steel. It is forged, grinded and tempered by quenching in motor oil. After that is coated with natural bee wax. It is symetric and the pattern of the a...